It would be a heartless villain indeed who doesn't have a soft spot for Disney classic 101 Dalmatians. Becky Jones and Clare Lewis are bigger fans than most, and have crafted a self-guided walk around some of the film's locations, including fun, family things to do nearby. The accompanying map, drawn by Frances Bennett, is reproduced here.
- 1. Jump off the Tube at Great Portland Street.
- 2. Peer at Pongo and Roger's house, St Andrew's Place.
- 3. Clamber over the bridge where Pongo and Perdita first met in Queen Mary's Rose Garden, Regent's Park.
- 4. Tread the boards at the Open Air Theatre, Regent's Park.
- 5. Muck about in a boat on the lake.
- 6. Beware of the animals at London Zoo.
- 7. Listen out for the twilight barking at the top of Primrose Hill.
- 8. Scoff a bun and dog treats at a cafe on Regent's Park Road.
- 9. Lick an ice-cream at Marine Ices on Chalk Farm Road.
The original walk and map are taken from London Adventure Walks for Familie by Becky Jones & Clare Lewis (map by Frances Bennett), published by Frances Lincoln.
We’re still looking for more hand-drawn maps. Send your work to email@example.com
Previously: Albertopolis, Angel to Bankside, Anglo-Saxon London, Bloomsbury, Borough of Southwark,Brixton as a tree, Central London, Central London with no street names, District Line (Wimbledon Branch),Docklands, Driver’s Mind Map, Family History, Fleet Valley, Hackney, Hampstead Heath, Honor Oak Park,Hoxton Square, Isle of Dogs, Kingsland Road, London as a grid, King’s Cross and Islington, Ladbroke Grove,London firsts, Markets, Mayfair, Mayfair Squares, New Cross, New Cross (the fields of), Notting Hill, Paris versus London, Patchwork London, Pigeon London, Pimlico, River Fleet, Secret Gardens, Primrose Hill, Rivers, Shoreditch, Stoke Newington,Stratford, Toilets, Tottenham to Aldwych on bike, Tube from memory, Walthamstow by mother and daughter,West Hampstead, Westminster kettling.