Every month, we run a vote of the best pubs in a particular area. For May, we're heading south to the hilly regions round Crystal Palace. If you know a good pub or two in the area, let us know. The pubs with most nominations will find their way into our Best Pubs in London site, and we'll also visit them on a pub crawl later this month.
Here's how to vote:
- Let us know (in the comments below, on Facebook, or by tweeting #BestPalacePub) your favourite pubs in the area.
- We’ll tally up the votes early next week and publish the results.
- We’ll then arrange a pub crawl around the most popular choices. You’re welcome to join us.
- You can nominate anywhere that might generally be considered reasonable on a Crystal Palace pub crawl. We’re not going to define a boundary — just use common sense.
- By ‘pubs’, we’re using a shorthand — you can also vote for bars with some kind of pubbish character.
- You can nominate more than one place. All nominations count as one vote, whether you rank them or not. Likes on Facebook and retweets of someone else’s vote are also counted as new votes.
- Venues should be open to the public with no pre-booking, entry fee or membership required.
So, where shall we go?
Londonist Pub Crawls
A list of previous areas and themes that we’ve put to public vote.
- A = Angel
- B = Borough, Bow, Brixton
- C = Chelsea, City of London
- D = Dalston, Dulwich
- E = Ealing, Euston
- F = Farringdon and Clerkenwell
- G = Greenwich
- H = Hampstead, Highgate, Hoxton
- I = Isle of Dogs
- J = St James’s
- K = Kennington, Kentish Town, Kilburn
- L = Limehouse, Little Venice
- M = Maida Vale, Marylebone, Mayfair, Mile End
- N = Notting Hill
- O = Old Street
- P = Peckham and Camberwell
- Q = Queen’s Park
- R = Richmond
- S = Shepherd's Bush, Shoreditch, Soho, Southwark, Stoke Newington
- T = Thames
- U = Unusual pubs
- V = Victoria (including Pimlico), Victoria Park
- W = Walthamstow, Wandsworth, Wapping
- X = X-Rail (Crossrail)
- Y = Ye Olde pubs
- Z = Zone 1 pubs
Visit our our Best Pubs in London microsite and see what you think.