Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- A reminder of what the tube strikes are about
- And 10 apps to get you through them
- Latest figures on rough sleepers show 12% increase
- Labour proposes reform of private rented housing sector
- London gets a new station: Pudding Mill Lane DLR
- Old Street Underground’s had colour coded makeover
- London restaurants win big at World’s 50 Best awards
- Elvis Presley’s fake tooth on show in Bounds Green
- Farewell, Bob Hoskins – let’s watch The Long Good Friday again
- Where is the centre of London? - an update
- A night-time stroll through the capital, in the footsteps of Dickens
- Ever had a good look at the Thames foreshore?
- Beautiful video: Wonderful London 1924 & 2014
- Time travel to 2008 with Google Street View
Best pubs in London
We’re building a microsite of the best pubs in London (mostly as voted for by Londonist readers). We still have a few areas to explore, but do take a look through the guide so far, and let us know about any scandalous omissions.
- Another excellent year for the Sony World Photography Award
- A smorgasbord of short plays at the Bush Theatre
- London’s best ice cream - updated
- New London music: Desperate Journalist
- Salt’n Pepper restaurant reviewed from the veggie angle
- Gods, demons and physical theatre at the Tricycle
Things to do
- Will the first London Dungeons Late convert you to its grisly charms?
- London museums open late for Museums at Night …
- We’ll be at Museum of London on 15 May (2 for 1 ticket offer)
- Go behind the scenes at your local bus garage
- Get involved in Wandsworth Arts Festival
- Markets and shopping fun
- Art openings this month
- Foodie pop ups to try
- Beer festivals to drink at
- What’s on opening soon on the London stage?
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.