Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- You've been asking for it, and finally Geoff Marshall has revealed the secrets of the trams in a new video.
- 'Look there's Prince Philip cleaning the windows' — Londonist readers share their earliest memories of London, and there are some corkers.
- How Making A Murderer's prosecutor got the comedian treatment.
- 8 things you probably didn't know about department store Liberty.
- You're doing your transport delay all wrong.
- Should all London businesses pay the London Living Wage?
- London election digest: Zac and Sadiq's tax bills.
- We've put together a cheese lovers' guide to London — get stuck in.
- We've mapped what we think are the best record shops in London — do you agree?
- Have adventures in food with our brunch flowchart.
Did you know...
- ...Brent Cross Shopping Centre turned 40 this week. Take a look at some archive pictures of the centre.
- ...Ripley's Believe It Or Not! actually has an impressive art collection.
- ...why the platforms at Angel are much wider than most other tube stations?
- ...about the west London room which has been vandalised by no less than four prime ministers?
- ...why some of London's pubs have the weird names they do (The Case Is Altered, anyone)?
- ...where you can get gin distilled at an airport?
- The Euston Cider Tap is to be replaced by a craft beer bar.
- Only 13% of London's blue plaques are dedicated to women. Which London woman do you think deserves one?
- The London barman who invented the espresso martini has died.
- You can now see the view from St Paul's Cathedral without having to climb those stairs.
- 68 London buildings have been shortlisted for architecture awards
- FILM: London Has Fallen is a horrible carnival of vulgarity from start to finish ☆☆☆☆☆ (yes, that's zero stars)
- EXHIBITION: The new Muhammad Ali exhibition at the O2 is good, but not the greatest ★★★☆☆
- CINEMA: We can't tell you much about Secret Cinema's latest production, but this is what we can say ★★★★☆
- THEATRE: Your copy of A Midsummer Night's Dream 'won't be much 'f**cking use here' ★★★☆☆
- ART: Learn how Botticelli inspired James Bond and Lady Gaga at the V&A ★★★★☆
- ART: Neon breasts were the most memorable thing about these two exhibitions at Serpentine Galleries ★★☆☆☆
Things to do
- Five reasons why you should go to The Other Art Fair.
- London-y films to watch in March.
- Do something different every day in March.
- Here's your chance to grill mayoral candidates about housing.
- Feeling arty? These are the exhibitions we do (and don't) recommend this month.
- As Museum of London's Crime Museum Uncovered comes to a close, why not go to one of these after-hours events?
- 14 ways to celebrate Women's History Month in London.
- New exhibition showcases unseen photos of the City of London and the Lord Mayor's Show.
Browse and book more London events at our tickets site powered by YPlan.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.