Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- Politicians tinker in report focused on renting for the under 35s
- Food Assemblies are catching on, with a handful active around the capital
- TfL to release a consultation on plans to introduce tolls on the Blackwall and Silvertown tunnels
- Protestors disrupt property developer conference
- New restaurant set to serve food based around a Paleolithic diet (that's caveman food to you and us)
- Nearly half of all children in two London constituencies are living in poverty, new data shows
- Single people are receiving little help from local authorities when seeking emergency accommodation
- Eltham Palace restoration to open new rooms from 2015
- Pictures from the Zombie Apocalypse in London last weekend
- Why is Shoreditch attracting so many hotel operators?
- It was our 10th birthday this week! But we played it pretty cool, just published this look at the site over a decade
- Plus these photos from our birthday party
- ... and this video of Londonist writers and friends sharing their favourite memories from the last 10 years
- Arsenal fans are paying more than any other London club for their tickets, shirts, programmes — even cups of tea!
- 10 things we learned at this year's BFI London Film Festival
- Photos of London looking lovely and autumnal
- Tales of the accidentally left behind, as two people find themselves in London lock-ins
Best pubs in London
We’re building a new website of the best pubs in London (mostly as voted for by Londonist readers). We still have a few areas to explore but we’re asking readers to take a look through what we have so far, and let us know what we’ve missed and where we need to visit next. This week we've added Madden's, Old White Lion and Catcher in the Rye in Finchley; Bridge House, The Warrington, Prince Alfred and The Elgin in Maida Vale; The Understudy on South Bank; and Jam Circus in Brockley.
- A supertroupe of dancers from Cuba descend on Peacock Theatre for Ballet Revolución
- It's a ramen-off: Ippudo vs Kanada-Ya
- Here Lies Love is a political disco, complete with power, corruption and revolving dance floors
- Forget snakes on a plane, we've got robots in a car park
- What is conceptual artist Marcel Duchamp's legacy? New exhibition pays homage
- One of the best shows staged at Walthamstow’s Rose and Crowne pub theatre: Into The Woods
- Best new food shops: Abasto in Connaught Village
- We love pubs, we love new pubs, we weren't disappointed by The Understudy at National Theatre
- Masterful Rembrandt at National Gallery
- Make like the great detective and examine everything at Museum of London's new Sherlock exhibition
- East is East bring tenderness to the West End
- Fiona Shaw directs a magical Marriage of Figaro
Things to do
- Only a few weeks left to see the wonderful Bridge exhibition at Museum of London Docklands
- You can do the downward dog with your canine companion, at Dog yoga
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival performers bring their shows to Brixton from tomorrow
- This week, Inside Out Festival celebrates the cultural contribution of London's universities
- ALERT: KNITTING KITTENS CLUB. We repeat, Knitting Kittens Club
- New arts festival arrives in south London to unravel the stories of Deptford
- Peculiar parties, monster movies, terrifying talks: it's Halloween 2014
- Get your tickets now for the annual Tower Bridge Engineering Tours
- Where to go ice skating in London this festive season (a season which apparently starts in October)
- Children’s book The Railway Children is coming to a London stage — and bringing a whole steam train with it
- Bike-lovers, enter this competition and you could win a ride with an Olympic cyclist plus VIP tickets to Revolution Series
Love coffee? We recommend you try out Pact Coffee. We first met them last year and have since become loyal customers of theirs. This London start-up is on a mission to get the UK drinking better, fresher coffee by delivering it straight to our homes and offices. Now you can get your first 250g bag for only £1 with free next-day delivery, just use the code LONDONIST14X at checkout. Get yours here, or for more info and T&Cs click here.
This week’s Best of Londonist is sponsored by Pact.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.