Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- Shock horror: London train companies score badly in passenger satisfaction survey
- How London did in the 2014 Sustainable Restaurant Awards
- Would you swim in a lido on the Thames? City Hall is looking into the idea, here are a couple of design ideas
- A public restaurant is opening in Brixton prison
- New app helps you to find a parking space in London
- Watch your toes — escalator starts travelling backwards in malfunction at Cutty Sark DLR
- London food bank use up by 400% in two years
- We caught a train through a Crossrail tunnel
- Green Lanes in Haringey: the best Turkish restaurants
- Tube nerds ahoy! Our video reveals the secrets of the Piccadilly Line
- We look at whether an Ultra Low Emission Zone should kill off the congestion charge
- Why you should visit London's court houses
- We've got photographs of the bits of St Paul's Cathedral the public don't usually get to see. Video coming soon.
- London's best classical music shops
- We speak to the CEO of Freedom From Torture, Keith Best, in this week's podcast
- Beautiful glass sculptures at Dale Chihuly: Beyond the Object
- The Fat Man's Wife, A 'lost' Tennessee Williams play discovered in 2000, gets its UK premiere
- Richard Hamilton, one of the Pop Art founders, exhibits at Tate Modern
- Science gets beautiful at the British Library's new exhibition
- Fire-inspired dance at Ignis is thought-provoking, but didn't set us alight
- But we did get wows with street dance show Blaze at Peacock Theatre
Things to do
- Reel Islington Film Festival returns on 28 Feb with the theme ‘Home is where I want to be…'
- Techy geekery next weekend at the annual Barbican Weekender
- A festival. Of chocolate. A chocolate festival. Need we say more? (it's in April, so here are some more chocolatey places you can enjoy in the meantime)
- Get involved with Thames21's River Watch project and undertake surveys at the water's edge
- Interactive games makers A Door in the Wall are back with a new murder mystery
- Smell David Cameron's roses this June, at Open Garden Squares weekend
- A new monthly film night dedicated to documentaries launches next week
- Pancake Day is coming up, here are some places where you can toss your batter
For daily ideas of things to do in London, sign up to our morning email.
Bermondsey start-up Pact Coffee is on a mission to get London drinking better, fresher coffee. Get your first 250g bag of hand-roasted coffee delivered to your home or office for only £1 with free P&P. Just use the code londonist14 at checkout. For more info and T&Cs click here.