Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- The idea of the Garden Bridge was fun at first, but can we all just forget about it now please?
- We talked to a London Ambulance crew member about the highs and lows of a very challenging job.
- London's longest pub crawl? Meet the man who's visiting a pub for every tube station.
- The long, slow death of Fleet Street, once the home of the British newspaper industry.
- The most important map you'll ever see (probably): London's best fry ups.
- What does the future hold for London? We asked an engineer.
- Fantastic guidebook Nairn's London turned 50 this week. Not read it? Here's a taster.
- Are these London's best bus routes? We think so.
- In which H.G. Wells pursues a time-travelling Jack The Ripper. Really.
- Secrets of Charlton House, including a cellar which wasn't opened for 40 years, until...
Did you know...
- ...about this lost London river? (Clue: it's not the Fleet or the Effra.)
- ...that the National Grid has been busy digging 32km of tunnels under London? We went down for a look.
- ...why the Royal Naval College is split in two?
- ...a Mary Poppins sequel is on the way? Let's hope it doesn't look like this.
- ...about London's Roman bath that isn't actually a Roman bath?
- ...where to drink — and eat — Japanese green tea? Find out in this week's podcast.
- A new independent bookshop opened in Hackney last week. We went for a poke around.
- The Metropolitan Police needs improvement, according to a new report.
- London's getting a bouncy castle for adults... and it's free!
- Rainbow beigels have gone on sale in London, making everyone's unicorn poop dreams come true.
- We'd like to have seen less gloss and more substance at this exhibition celebrating 100 years of Vogue magazine ★★☆☆☆
- Delacroix and the Rise of Modern Art: the best exhibition we've seen so far this year ★★★★★
- Nell Gwynn is escapism in a silk dress and stockings ★★★★☆
- This hands-on dinosaur exhibition is one for kids small and big (yeah, we mean adults) ★★★★☆
Things to do
- Discuss the theology and ethics of Star Wars at this Conway Hall event.
- See London in 1616 and London in 2016 side by side.
- 13 things to do in London for £20 and under.
- No front row ticket? Don't miss out on the action this London Fashion Week.
- Photography exhibition shows photos of Londoners just as they are.
- Stampede your way through Regent's Park and raise money for wildlife conservation.
- Start your engines. Drive-in cinema is back.
- If you see one exhibition this month, make it this one.
Browse and book more London events at our tickets site powered by YPlan.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.