Recommend a good pub or bar in St James or Mayfair, then join us on a crawl round the top four.
We’re cheating, ever so slightly, for part ‘J’ of the pub crawl. There are no interesting portions of London beginning with the letter J, and we must resort to St James’s as the next best thing. Plus, we’ll be doing the pub crawl in January for added J-ness. But there’s one further wriggle. We’ve strapped on the neighbouring area of Mayfair to give ourselves a greater pool of pubbage from which to draw.
So, what are your favourite pubs or bars in St James’s and Mayfair? Are they all full of poshsters, or can us plebs find a decent pint? As always, feel free to nominate more than one.
Here’s how to play:
- Let us know (in the comments, or on Facebook your favourite pubs in the area.
- We’ll tally up the votes in a few days.
- We’ll then arrange a pub crawl later this month around the four most popular choices. You’re welcome to join us.
- By ‘pubs’, we’re using a shorthand — you can also vote for bars.
- You can nominate more than one place. All nominations count as one vote, whether you rank them or not. Likes on Facebook and retweets of someone else’s vote are also counted as new votes.
- Venues should be open to the public with no pre-booking, entry fee or membership required.
- St James’s and Mayfair are both pretty well defined as areas, so stick within the boundaries. Note that St James’s is the area just north of St James’s Park and south of Piccadilly, not the area around St James’s Tube station.
So, where shall we go?
Enjoy a good pub crawl? Grab the Londonist book of London Pub Crawls for less than the price of a pint.
The A-Z pub crawl…we’ve found the best pubs in the following places.
- A = Angel
- B = Brixton
- C = City of London
- D = Dalston
- E = Euston
- F = Farringdon and Clerkenwell
- G = Greenwich
- H = Hampstead and Highgate
- I = Isle of Dogs
Image by RachelH_ in the Londonist Flickr pool.