The new screenings are aimed at anyone who enjoys Yankophilia in its purest form - Route 66 Californian style street food is on offer, with servers on roller-skates offering waiter service to your car. Pop a nodding Statue of Liberty on your dashboard for the full stateside experience.
All screenings begin at sunset, around 9pm, but the car park opens an hour and a half before for cinemagoers to park and grab some grub. Films on offer once again lean towards an automobile theme, with Fast & Furious, The Italian Job, Drive and Speed all on the bill. The macho element is safely balanced out though by the likes of Grand Budapest Hotel and The Notebook. See the full programme here.
Also, kick back, tune in, and imagine your Ford Fiesta is a classic Chevy as you belt out all manner of classics at the Grease sing-a-long, safe in the knowledge that your car is your kingdom and nobody outside of it can hear the duff notes you’re hitting.
Like this? How about these other unusual film locations?
- Sci-Fi films at the British Museum (August)
- Secret Cinema recreates Back To The Future town in London (July-August)
- Outdoor cinema at Battersea Power Station (July-August)
- Outdoor cinema at London’s Parks (July- September)
- Exclusive Members’ Club Opens Rooftop Cinema (July-September)
- Free screenings at Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens (June-July)
- Hot Tub Cinema (June)
- Floating Cinema (June-September)
- Nomad Cinema (June-September)
- Rooftop Cinema in Peckham, Stratford and Hoxton (until September)
- Luna Cinema (July-September)
- Somerset House (August)