Press Play will be showing a different film each weekend with a BBQ and bar open beforehand, banishing those back-to-work blues for a few more hours.
It's not easy to find out what's being screened and when, but a lot of rooting around the website leads us to this line-up poster. Alternatively click here and squint at the bright blue box to discover that the fun begins on 20 July with a screening of Catch Me If You Can. Classic movies The Graduate and Notting Hill, which seem to rear their heads at every pop-up cinema experience going, will also feature. A few more films are scattered in there, before the season comes to a close with The Great Gatsby and Drive in late September.
Tickets are surprisingly reasonable for a London cinema experience with a standard ticket costing £8 including a free bag of popcorn. But seats are first come, first served, so sharpen those elbows before you go. Alternatively, you can upgrade to the beanbag/snug option, which is £20 for two people. This also includes popcorn and seating on the front row - still a lot cheaper than some of the outdoor cinema tickets we've seen.
Like this? How about these other unusual film locations?
- Sci-Fi films at the British Museum (August)
- Secret Cinema recreates Back To The Future town in London (July-August)
- Outdoor cinema at Battersea Power Station (July-August)
- Outdoor cinema at London’s Parks (July- September)
- Free screenings at Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens (June-July)
- Hot Tub Cinema (June)
- Floating Cinema (June-September)
- Nomad Cinema (June-September)
- Rooftop Cinema in Peckham, Stratford and Hoxton (until September)
- Luna Cinema (July-September)
- Somerset House (August)