Your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up.
- We've pitted the London Underground against the Munich U-Bahn — find out which won.
- Will we be seeing driverless Ubers on London's streets anytime soon?
- Ever been to an internet cafe? We spoke to the people who still use them to find out why.
- Some stories don't lie so much behind these doors as within the doors themselves.
- Got a hot date lined up? These pubs .
- We can't get enough of these vintage photos of tube stations.
Did you know...
- ... that a large part of the Science Museum isn't in London at all?
- ... about the Shaolin Temple in an abandoned railway station?
- ... where you can see London's only boss-eyed statue?
- ... how discarded oyster shells caused Piccadilly's Burlington Arcade to be built?
- ... what Marble Arch was called before the Marble Arch was put there?
Food and drink
- From chocolate fudge to caviar, cheer up your January with one of London's poshest bar snacks.
- Mix up your meals and try one of these new restaurants opening in London this month (including a pizzeria all the way from Naples) — or if you want something more unusual, make a reservation at one of London's best unsung restaurants.
- Dinner needn't be dull; try Nutella waffles served in egg boxes or a dessert that's set alight in front of you.
- From sourdough to custard Danish, we're drooling at the thought of visiting these fantastic south London bakeries.
- In other news: the best London restaurants for healthy eating.
Things to do
- Want to take in more culture in 2017? Get ready for these 11 exhibitions, from David Hockney to whales.
- On 29 January, the Chinese New Year Parade comes to the West End. Here's all you need to know.
- Hate exercise? We hear you. These activities don't feel like exercise at all.
- Sampled the curries and beigels of Brick Lane and want something unusual to do in the area? Try these suggestions.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.