Your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up, this week sponsored by CommuterClub.
- Culture meets nature in London's best museum gardens.
- Is the Soho sex shop dead?
- In search of the lost mosque of Kew Gardens.
- 9 0f the funniest TV quotes about London.
- Didn't go to Open House 2016? Here's what you could have seen (and why you should go next year).
- Old posters dating back to the 1980s have been revealed in Moorgate tube station — can you identify them?
- Why every London foodie should make friends with this man.
- Thinking about moving out of London? We've worked out what it'll cost you, county by county.
- 9 themed bus routes you should try.
Did you know...
- ...why there's a bit of the Square Mile south of the river?
- ...why part of Seven Dials is now in Surrey?
- ...how many people London's buses carry every day?
- ...where to find London's best American-style diners?
Save money on your commute with CommuterClub
Everyone knows that annual season tickets are cheaper than monthly or weekly tickets — saving between 10% and 30% compared to pay as you go — but what if you can't afford that payout in one go? CommuterClub is here to help.
Save money as you would on an annual ticket, but pay monthly instead of forking out in one chunk. With 11 monthly payments, you'll find yourself with extra money in your pocket on the 12th month.
Plus, if you sign up now, you won't have those pesky January fare rises to contend with — you'll still be paying this year's prices long into 2017.
To start saving money now, go to commuterclub.co.uk and find out how much you can reduce your commute costs.
- Southern commuters are facing 14 more days of strikes.
- Sadiq Khan has announced a London Living Rent scheme — could you be eligible?
- Great news: the Chiswick Magical Lantern Festival is coming back.
- TfL will unveil a memorial to former London Transport CEO Frank Pick — and you could get involved though crowdfunding.
- TfL wants to take over the world, one rail network at a time.
- Another week, another pub closing. This time it's the turn of Marylebone's Dover Castle.
Things to do
- Hear the Voice of God in a swimming pool by the Thames.
- See photos that are out of this world at the Astronomy Photographer of the Year exhibition.
- A rare George Cross medal has gone on display at Museum of London Docklands.
- Visit a bunker full of Banksys — the first permanent Banksy exhibition in London has opened.
- Fancy having dinner with Roald Dahl's The Twits?
- Join Londonist for a discussion about Jack the Ripper — man, myth, history or misogyny?
- For two nights only, there's a rare chance to tour the Supreme Court after hours.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.