Your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up.
- Could Boudica be buried under Peckham Rye?
- Asteroids, polar bears and fatbergs: the enduring measurement of the double decker bus.
- How one Maida Vale pub has changed since the 1940s.
- Video: the abandoned platforms of Waterloo station.
- A look at what the tube map might have looked like in Tudor times.
- Where to be a pirate in London.
- The lost London river with a fascinating musical history.
- How the Gherkin is disappearing from London's skyline.
- Here's what happened when one chap tried to see all of London's art in one day.
Did you know...?
- ...where you can find London's oldest surviving bridge?
- ...how many people you can fit in Trafalgar Square?
- ...about the secret caves of Blackheath?
Food and drink tips
- Where to get your hands on London's best burritos.
- Gin bars. 10 of them to be precise. And they're gooood.
- If you find yourself in Brockley you won't go hungry, with these coffee shops, brunch and lunch stops and restaurants to choose from.
- A Mexican food and drink festival is coming to London next month.
- ...or if you'd rather keep it local, celebrate London-made food and drink at Urban Food Fortnight.
- A campaign has been launched to save Farringdon's Fabric nightclub — here's how you can get involved.
- Friendsfest — celebrating all things to do with TV show Friends — has arrived in London.
- A new interactive map tells you what your local tube station sounds like.
- The Jubilee line will be the next to become 24-hour at weekends.
Things to do
- Playing Pokémon Go? Try one of these Pokétrails along London's canals.
- 5 artists come together to exhibit their work featuring London in all its beauty.
- Prince tops the bill at the Peckham and Nunhead Free Film Festival.
- London's Harry Potter love-in shows no signs of slowing down.
- Ever ridden on the Ruislip Lido Railway?
- Explore London's history for the price of a bus fare.
- Fancy climbing the oldest tower in Islington?
- Tim Minchin's done it again in Groundhog Day The Musical ★★★★★
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.