Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- Did you know that you can ride a tube train to the seaside?
- 13 fascinating facts about horses in London.
- A first look at east London's new rooftop crazy golf course.
- London has more in common with America than you might realise.
- A stroll along the Westway.
- The story of London's first Indian restaurant — it opened over 200 years ago.
- 12 things you probably didn't know about St James's Park.
Did you know...?
- ...what happened to the giant Freddie Mercury statue that used to be on Tottenham Court Road?
- As there's a Westminster, why is there no Eastminster... or is there?
- ...how much of the Houses of Parliament you can see for free?
- ...which tube station is London's smallest?
- ...why Petticoat Lane Market is no longer on Petticoat Lane?
- ...that there's a lost tube station in King's Cross?
Things to do
- Get ready for this enormous free festival coming to east London.
- This intricate, hand drawn map of Mayfair and St James goes on display next week.
- Kick back on giant beanbags and watch music films at this outdoor cinema.
- Cheap family days out in north-east London.
- Peckish? Head to one of these great London food markets (plus a bonus Asian street food night market).
- Love Roald Dahl's BFG? An exhibition of Quentin Blake's drawings of the character is coming to London.
- This legendary LGBT club needs your memories to save it.
- The Queen had a right knees-up for her birthday last weekend...
- ...while several people were cycling through the streets of London naked.
- Soho paid tribute to the victims of the Orlando shooting on Monday night.
- London's first Quietway is now open.
- The London Underground font has just been updated.
- Junior doctor and Labour candidate Rosena Allin-Khan won the Tooting by-election.
- There was major disruption at Paddington station this week after a train derailed.
- King's Cross is getting a new cinema.
- Things got really weird on the Thames on Wednesday.
- NEW TATE MODERN: The extension to the Tate Modern building is now open. Here's what we thought of it ★★★★★
- MUSICAL: The new Aladdin musical is good, but don't expect a whole new world ★★★☆☆
- FOOD: All hail the second coming of the BLT at Smoke & Salt ★★★★☆
- ART: Sensational exhibition of Latin American art opens South London Gallery's new exhibition space ★★★★☆
- ART: See art that was 'guided by archangels' at Courtauld Gallery ★★★☆☆
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.