Your Sunday morning Best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- Make yourself a London bus Christmas tree decoration. Here's one we made earlier.
- The best of Dagenham in photos.
- Love vintage shopping? Use this map to navigate your way around Bethnal Green and Bow.
- Why London might not be such a bad idea when you're looking for a retirement location.
- We talk London Comedy Club and Billingsgate Fish Market with comedian Jayde Adams.
- Of course London is drinking, but what and where?
- Here's what we can expect tube stations to look like in the future.
Did you know...
- ...part of Crossrail is already up and running... sort of.
- ...where in London the Doctor keeps landing his TARDIS?
- ...about these inanimate London objects which have their own Twitter account.
- ...Horniman Museum's stuffed badger has a temporary new home.
- ...that Christmas dinner pizza is a thing? Not a good thing, but a thing nonetheless.
- ...who introduced the Christmas tree to London?
- Why the spending review means you'll be paying more council tax for fewer services.
- For the first time in centuries, sparkling wine is being produced here in London.
- Boris's latest vision entails 13 'new' river crossings for London — although you may already be familiar with some of them.
- From next year, you can spend a night with the lions at London Zoo.
- The new entrance to Tottenham Court Road station is now open — Central Line trains resume stopping there tomorrow.
- Croydon Council wants to build a primary school where the children are hermetically sealed in to protect them from air pollution, while a new crowdfunding campaign aims to deal with air pollution.
- ART: Two new exhibitions at Serpentine Galleries — one pretty, one informative, neither impressive.
- THEATRE: Some People Talk About Violence is one of the most exciting pieces of theatre we've seen in a while ★★★★★
- THEATRE: Lydia Leonard makes a big impact in Little Eyolf ★★★★☆
- COMEDY: You may walk out of Daphne feeling sensorily assaulted. In a good way ★★★★★
Things to do
- Tickets for London's Crystal Maze are on sale now.
- Get festive with these Christmassy film screenings in London, or check out the month's new releases.
- See Geoff Marshall and other Londonist friends talk transport secrets.
- Er... did someone say Lego?
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.