Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up. If you like it, please share it and forward to a friend.
- An unexploded World War Two bomb caused an evacuation in Bermondsey, and was blown up in Kent by the army, resulting in this video.
- Boris Johnson took part in the last Mayor's Question Time before the election — here's what Twitter had to say.
- The NHS in London is heading for a funding gap of over £3bn by 2019.
- The Grade II-listed Porter's Rest on Piccadilly has disappeared.
- Soho-goers, rejoice. The latest 'quirky' cafe is coming to your 'hood...specialising in cheese toasties.
- The London results of the Big Garden Birdwatch are in.
- Museum of London wants to move to Smithfield Market.
- It may be lumbering its way to a slow but inevitable halt, but here's our ode to Elephant and Castle Shopping Centre.
- What do young voters want from the general election? Jobs and affordable housing, mainly.
- Who doesn't love stunning aerial shots of London?
- Hungry in Notting Hill? Here are the best places to eat and drink, from breakfast to boozers via quick lunches and rum.
- How will the Lib Dems, Greens and UKIP perform in the general election? Centre For London crunches the numbers.
- We explore St Luke's EC1 - aka NOBSOC (yes it will catch on).
- Boris on a banknote? What would happen if London could raise its own taxes?
- "How can a man wear trousers that tight?", asks this week's London short film.
- We bet you've never had this much fun with chocolate wrappers - it certainly beats stuffing them down the side of the sofa ★★★☆☆
- A respectable American gentleman befriends an invisible six-foot white rabbit in Harvey. What could go wrong? ★★★★☆
- A beautiful building and slick service...but thoroughly disappointing food at Indian restaurant Zaika of Kensington ★☆☆☆☆
- Get swept back to 1920s New York in The Great Gatsby at Sadler's Wells ★★★★☆
Things to do
- Re-live the dangerous mirth of comedian Adam Riches' past shows next month.
- Already struggling with ways to keep children and teenagers entertained during the Easter holidays? Help is at hand.
- We suggest you read this book. It'll be everywhere in April.
- Browse art from 130 undiscovered artists at The Other Art Fair.
- Feeling arty? We've picked our top ten exhibitions opening in April.
- Go in hunt of these plants and animals at the Bank of England.
A message from our sponsor.
Save Money On Your Commute
Get an Annual Travelcard today with CommuterClub for cheaper and easier commuting.
Join now! Visit www.commuterclub.co.uk/londonist to find out more (representative APR 14.1%.)
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.