Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- City report demands changes to Cycle Superhighways
- The Mayor faced questions over his affordable homes target
- London must have power to raise own taxes, says report
- Ed Balls sought to placate London homeowners over 'mansion tax'
- An Occupy London protestor spent the night on Winston Churchill
- Spiders and snakes in our homes, oh my!
- We still need help creating a new map of alternative tube names (especially zones 4+)
- London looks pretty in data
- Singer-songwriter Saint Saviour took us on a tour of Bermondsey
- Would you abseil down the Orbit? We did
- Anthony Horowitz on Bond, Sherlock, London and mysteries
- Ever wondered how London's football teams got their names?
- Take a look round the magnificently restored Bush House
- Best places to eat Polish food in London
- What the heck is an aroma jockey?
- Fancy some pumpkin beer?
- 10 years on: a look at John Peel's London legacy
- VIDEO: The Great War Heroes Corner, Greenwich
- Wildlife Photographer of the Year is as good as ever
- Egon Schiele, The Radical Nude is the best exhibition we've seen at the Courtauld
- Philippe Parreno's fireflies will transfix you
- And you can learn to tattoo an eyelid at this display of Russian Criminal tattoes
- There's a terrific and very funny version of The Rivals on at Arcola
- Cutting edge musical The Scottsboro Boys transfers to the West End
- Promising new topical comedy show: What Has The News Ever Done For Me?
- Our taste buds were surprised by raw vegan food at RAW, La Suite West
- Clever cooking has come to the Truscott Arms, Maida Vale
- Check out ever-expanding list of the best food and drink in London
Things to do
- Event ideas for an happy half term.
- Have we reached peak Halloween in London?
- We say go for the Day of the Dead celebrations instead.
- Time for whizzbangs: our borough guide to firework displays.
- Forget seasonal stuff, how about a hip hop festival?
- Or Korean film festival?
- Or the super cool London Jazz Festival?
- Or the best and most bonkers in European performance?
Have You Tried …
…Wingit? Now available on Android as well as iPhone, Wingit is a smart little app that solves the problem of “I want to do something now, but what is going on nearby?” Using your location, Wingit scans social media to find cool stuff near where you are and brings it straight to your phone. From performances to pop-ups, screenings to street art, download the free app today on the App Store or Google Play to see what’s going on just round the corner.
This week’s Best of Londonist is sponsored by Wingit.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.