Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- Do you own an iPhone? Keep your eye on it as they're the most popular phones for nicking
- Bus and tube fairs to rise by 2.5% in 2015. Boo
- Campaign group calls for suspension of London City Airport's flight path change consultation
- New photography project aims to photograph every street in London (and you can join in)
- Hammersmith and Central Middlesex A&Es closed earlier this week
- Do TfL want to replace Oyster with contactless? Boris has hinted as much
- There’s been an increase in reported sexual harassment on public transport
- We've dropped a load (ha) of serious scatological jokes in a brief history of London poo
- An A-Z of London sounds, as submitted by you
- We've done the exhaustive research to being you London's best cheese toasties. You're welcome
- What do a giant plastic duck, ice cream and Michael Jackson all have in common? No, not that they all melt in the heat — they've all floated down the Thames. Other floating Thames oddities here
- We look at 50 years of the BT Tower
- The view from the roof of the Cheesegrater building (with gratuitous sunset shot)
- Our video of one of only four surviving ‘B’ type Battlebuses
- Another video, this time, a giant hippo in the Thames
Best pubs in London
We’re building a new website of the best pubs in London (mostly as voted for by Londonist readers). We still have a few areas to explore but we’re asking readers to take a look through what we have so far, and let us know what we’ve missed and where we need to visit next.
- King Charles III at Wyndham's Theatre taketh the West End crown
- A musical version of Tess of the D'Urbervilles hits all the right notes
- New restaurant and bar review: Silk and Grain
- Breeders at St James Theatre is very funny, but lacking in depth
- Turner's late impressionist work on show at Tate Britain
- "A gleefully-anarchic baloney western": True West at Tricycle Theatre
- V&A's Horst: Photographer of Style tells the life story of a professional fashion photographer
- Physical theatre and classical acting combine in My Perfect Mind at The Young Vic
- Land of Our Fathers is "a dominating piece of drama"
- An eerie, immersive art installation awaits in a church belfry on Cambridge Heath Road
- Delve into the minds of communities hit by the London riots
- See a lot of colour co-ordinated kipple
Things to do
- Urban Food Fortnight has begun; here are 10 things you could do as part of it
- If you missed Edinburgh Festival, catch the highlights this week at 12 Days of Edinburgh
- Next week sees the start of The Festival of Popular Arab Cinema at ICA
- Like Lego? Then you'll like sculptures made from more than a million Lego bricks, at the Truman Brewery from 26 September
- Waiter, there's a hair in my soup. Sweeney Todd play set in a pie and mash shop
- Blindfolded dinners and dancing at London Without Limits
- The line-up for the latest edition of BBC 6 Music Live has been announced, names include La Roux and Johnny Marr
- Love comedy? Enter our competition to win comedy tickets, food, drink and even an annual Rich Mix membership
Meet us! On a boat! With talks!
Next weekend, we're hosting six lively and interactive talks about the River Thames, featuring some of our most interesting friends. Join us aboard HMS President for titbits about lost rivers, oddities, immersion, mysteries, dock tales, songs and stories. Pick your favourite or opt for a day ticket to enjoy them all.
It should be a great couple of days, there's a bar on board, and team Londonist will be there throughout with fingers crossed for good weather. Join us!
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.