A fortnightly celebration of the folk history of the Olympic boroughs, in story and song.
This week, the tale of General James Wolfe — soldier, hero and father of 13 illegitimate kids. You may have seen his statue at the top of Greenwich Hill.
"General James Wolfe was a battle-hardened war veteran, a fearless hero in everyone's eyes. Well almost everyone.. his work colleauges started to wonder if there was actually something wrong with him..."
Previously in Tower Hamlets
- Charlie Brown: Uncrowned King of Limehouse
- Angela Burdett-Coutts, Queen Of The East End Poor
- Jamrach’s Menagerie, Rhinos & the Ratcliffe Highway
- Moris ‘Two-guns’ Cohen
- Emmanuel Swedenborg, Veruca Socks and Heavenly Secrets
- John Newton, Goebbels, Star Trek & The Slave Trade
- Eliza Marchpane, Mozart, Vol Au Vents And The Wapping Streets
- Isambard Kingdon Brunel, Ships, Bones And Bad Breath
Previously in Greenwich