Your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up.
- London's had odder coffee shops that the blowjob cafe — like this lot.
- Forget the night tube — when does the knight tube start?
- Lattes and laptops: the best independent coffee shops to work from in London.
- The London polymath who created the August bank holiday.
- Where to find London's Olympic gold post boxes.
- Why are some parts of London so hard to spell?
- Has the night tube been marred by the closure of Fabric?
- We think we've just found one of the best books about London ever.
Did you know...?
- ...that Christie's isn't called Christie's officially?
- ...which is London's longest-surviving road bridge?
- ...where London's Olympic rings are now, four years on?
- ...why there are two pirate ships moored in Wapping?
- ...that kiwis are being grown in a hidden garden in west London (a garden which you can visit)?
- ...there's a Christopher Wren spire on a housing estate in south London?
- ...where London's tallest tree is?
- If you don't think you can afford to eat at London's poshest restaurants, think again.
- From falafel to fattoush: London's best Lebanese restaurants.
- Where to eat and drink in Soho.
- A new pop-up is serving eight varieties of classic American pie.
- Another week, another London pub to close. Oh, and another one.
- If you've not experienced the night tube yet, here's an idea of what you're missing.
- Eight bus routes have been extended to support the night tube.
- Beer made from yeast taken from Roald Dahl's writing chair is being made at a London brewery.
- There's a £52m funding gap in the Garden Bridge — or is the gap even bigger than that?
- The night tube has got its own special roundels.
- Camden's getting a new music venue.
Things to do
- This month's must-see (and must avoid) art.
- Like Chinese food? Get your fill this weekend.
- Open House 2016 tickets are now available.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.