Your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up.
- These London buses aren't your standard Routemaster.
- Pre-theatre dining solved: where to eat and drink in the West End.
- Everything you need to know about Pokemon Go in London.
- Londonist readers share their coolest and weirdest celebrity sightings in London.
- The best London family apps to help you enjoy the city with little ones.
- It can be hard to find reasonably priced places to eat near London's tourist attraction, but don't worry, we've got that covered.
- Here's what the Monopoly board looks like when laid out geographically.
- Forget Pokemon. This is what you should be looking out for around London.
- Meet the people who sell souvenirs on Oxford Street.
Did you know...?
- ...that Freezywater, Little Britain and Charlie Brown's Roundabout are all real places?
- ...why those ramps at St Mary's Hospital are there?
- ...why Theresa May hasn't got the keys to 10 Downing Street?
- ...about this mile of tunnels underneath Clapham (which you can now visit)?
- ...why Trafalgar Square is so popular with pigeons?
- ...how London's castles and palaces got their names?
- ...about the London restaurant where you eat in the dark?
- Sadiq Khan has halted work on the Garden Bridge over concerns that the project could require even more public money.
- ...but London is getting a floating garden anyway.
- The sphinx statues in Crystal Palace have had a lick of paint.
- Even Sadiq Khan wants Southern Rail to be stripped of its franchise.
- If those patronising poems can't get people to behave on public transport, maybe the Mr Men can.
- The world's first 3D printing restaurant is coming to London.
- Dirty Lane is returning to Bankside.
- There are plans to pedestrianise Oxford Street by 2020.
Things to do
- A museum dedicated to the Mr Men and Little Miss characters is coming to London.
- A new virtual reality experience will let you stroll through the lost Palace of Whitehall.
- Ride a steam train on the tube line this summer.
- Tall shops and underground concerts are on the Totally Thames Festival 2016 programme.
- London's first halal food festival is coming this summer.
- Apparently it's summer, so you might as well do these pub crawls of rooftop bars and beer gardens.
- Visit London's most glorious sewage pumping station.
- Sun or no sun, get your hand on free Ben & Jerry's ice cream.
- ART: These creepy baby sculptures will give you nightmares ★★★★☆
- ART: Macabre and surreal paintings by Raqib Shaw at White Cube ★★★★★
- EXHIBITION: See what the world looks like through a dragonfly's eyes at Natural History Museum's family-friendly Colour and Vision exhibition ★★★★★
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.