Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- How does your rent compare to the rest of London?
- "Iconic" is a subjective word, as these "iconic London buildings" show.
- Bored of the same old vegetarian restaurants? Try some of London's lesser-known veggie offerings.
- When the sun shines, take your lunchtime sarnie to one of these lovely al fresco lunch spots — or head to one of these restaurants which offer great outdoor dining areas.
- Anyone else think Mayor's Question Time on the London Eye is a really good idea?
- Where else should we be able to use Oyster cards?
Did you know...
- ...where London's first tower block was?
- ...how we ended up with the tube map we all recognise today?
- ...that you can now use Android Pay on the tube and buses?
- ...about the skeletons found beneath Benjamin Franklin's house?
- ...these 9 secrets of Waterloo Station?
- ...one London car park claims to have been the first multi-storey in the UK?
- ...how old Old Street really is? Is it really old, or is it all just lies?
- ...how Regent's Park came to look like it does?
Things to do
- Fancy doing a spin class on a bus?
- Cheap family days out in north-west London.
- Go walking round Theatreland with Sir Ian McKellen as your guide.
- Find out how to grow a new limb and survive the end of the world.
- There's a massive water obstacle course coming to Battersea Park.
- Play 'pimp my bus stop' at London Transport Museum.
- An early Roman fort that no-one even knew existed has been discovered.
- London's newest railway station opened this week, and we went along to see it.
- A new stairway onto London Bridge has opened.
- The Scalpel skyscraper is beginning to appear on the skyline.
- This is what the new Thamesmead will look like.
- Archeologists have found what they believe to be a sound effect device used in early performances of Shakespeare's plays.
- Did Boris suppress a report on air pollution near schools?
- A blue plaque has been unveiled for the cookery writer who introduced Mediterranean food to England.
- London's got a new Lego shop.
- THEATRE: Madame Butterfly takes the wing at the ENO ★★★☆☆
- ART: Art16 is a lot more streamlined than its predecessors — and a lot of fun ★★★★☆
- THEATRE: Kids will love this adaptation of Michael Morpurgo's Running Wild ★★★★☆
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Photo London 2016 has some beautiful photography, but it's poorly executed ★★☆☆☆
- ART: This Jeff Koons exhibition is perfect for Instagram ★★★☆☆
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.