Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- All the best-named chicken shops in London. In one graphic. Yes, it includes Ferfect Fried Chicken.
- There are so many ways to get to one of London's airports, but which is the best?
- This south London gem has some intimidating creatures. Well, they used to be intimidating.
- We look ahead to the forthcoming season at the National Theatre.
- Where to shop, eat and err... ice skate like Jimi Hendrix.
- Duck Tours — only for tourists, right? Wrong.
- Pondering a novel date idea? Try this walk — it even has escape routes for if things aren't going well.
- Beautiful Enfield.
- Regeneration will lead to the loss of over 7,000 social rent homes.
- All aboard! Mail Rail will open to the public in spring next year.
Did you know...
- ...how to tell if you're a real Londoner?
- ...how much London's film industry owes anti-Communist witch hunts in the USA?
- ...how not to get charged twice if your bus terminates early?
- ...which new London comedian scooped the top prize at the Newcomer of the Year Awards?
- ...the best places to eat and drink in Dalston?
- ...that Starbucks has started doing table service?
- ...what's happening at the old Coronet cinema?
- The Thick of It's Chris Addison proves the doubters wrong in L'Etoile at the Royal Opera House ★★★★☆
- Adrian Lester is superb in Red Velvet ★★★★☆
- And there's another towering performance from Ralph Fiennes in The Master Builder ★★★★☆
- Iphigenia in Splott is an ancient tale with timeless morals ★★★★★
- A once-in-a-generation opportunity to see some rare Shakespeare documents leaves us underwhelmed ★★☆☆☆
- Ma Rainey's Black Bottom at the National Theatre is flawless ★★★★★
- How important is public art? asks Somerset House in this new exhibition ★★★☆☆
Things to do
- Staying up late to watch the Superbowl? Here are the best places to do it.
- William Blake, neuroscience and a Christopher Wren church — what more could you want?
- The Magical Lantern Festival is the best family ticket right now.
- You can scare yourself with virtual reality zombies.
- More things to do in February than you can shake a calendar at.
- Do you go romantic or quirky for Valentines Day? Whichever you choose, we've got plenty of ideas.
Browse and book more London events at our tickets site powered by YPlan.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.