Your Sunday morning Best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- Here's why Uber is actually good news for black cabs.
- Remember that time Paul Hogan was advertising Foster's in Cockfosters?
- Did you know there's a lost railway, from Acton to Hammersmith and Chiswick? We show you where it went and how to still find evidence of it today.
- What if everyone was given free money, irrespective of their income? It's not as crazy as it first sounds.
- We love Penge.
- This ancient-Egyptian-looking building ain't what it appears to be.
- Because Twitter wasn't the first place people were publicly shaming each other.
- It was the 75th anniversary of the Second Great Fire of London last week.
- This new literary festival will celebrate writers of colour, who are so often underrepresented at other similar events.
Put your brain to the test
- How well do you remember London's current affairs in 2015?
- A look back over London's year in art — through the medium of quiz.
- Think you know London transport?
- But do you know it this well?
- How much of a museum addict are you?
- London's a romantic place if you'll believe the movies — how well do you know the romcoms set here?
- Welcome in the new year in a very old way.
- Start 2016 off the right way, with one of these recommended exhibitions.
- Totally accurate and guaranteed predictions for 2016. Honest.
- Some of the best theatre in the capital to look forward to this year.
- Or start counting down to these films.
- These are some of the hottest restaurant openings in 2016.
- Forget the gym — these are much more fun ways to get fit.
- Have a listen to highlights from our podcasts in 2015.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.