Your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up.
- Five problems short Londoners face in their day-to-day life.
- Three dinosaurs are still swimming about in the Thames.
- Five weird and annoying things about London's train stations.
- The 12 dodgiest London accents you'll ever hear.
- A hand-drawn map of East Finchley according to an elderly chocolate labrador.
- Three songs to make you love the tube.
- Four dead Londoners to follow on Twitter...
- ...and a map of the London locations where certain famous people have shuffled off this mortal coil.
Did you know...
- ...what the oldest cinema, tree, hotel or football club in London is? Find out on our timeline of the oldest stuff in London.
- ...these 11 secrets of Selfridges?
- ...what Black Rod does for the rest of the year?
- ...what the cheapest property to buy in London is?
- ...who Gog and Magog are and what they have to do with London?
- ...there are 65 works of art on the Canary Wharf Estate?
- ...there's a man creating handmade books in a workshop in South London?
- The Green Party wants to abolish fare zones in London and have one flat fare, wherever you want to travel.
- The government is planning to build new houses... but there's a catch.
- 7,500 people slept rough in London in 2015.
- London Zoo keepers counted the animals as part of the annual animal stocktake this week. See cute animal photos here.
- London's first dedicated Chinese hotpot restaurant has opened.
- London has over 10,000 unfilled nursing posts.
- FOOD: We know where we're going for our Japanese comfort food fix in future.
- THEATRE: All it takes to recreate Jurassic Park is a rucksack, a soup ladle and a bit of imagination.
- THEATRE: Hustlers and hoodlums have never been more than in Guys and Dolls.
Things to do
- Lumiere London light festival is this week — we've put together a comprehensive guide of how to do the festival.
- 10 exhibitions to look forward to in London in 2016.
- Book now to hear Iain Sinclair talk about walking the London Overground (AKA the Ginger Line) at London Transport Museum.
- See the Bank of England as you've never seen it before.
- 13 ways to completely ignore Dry January.
- Sign up now to take part in this year's Big London Night Walk, raising funds for the Big Issue Foundation.
- London-y films to see in January.
- Get crafty or learn something new with these fun lessons.
- Try our quiz about Samuel Pepys and his times.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.