Most weekends we run a reader-contributed short story set in London. We've had some excellent entries, from a phantom lion in Zone 3, to the woes of a cab driver, to a man with the entire tube network in his abdomen.
To spice things up a little, we've decided to run occasional themes for the series. To begin, we'd like short stories with a sexy, sensual or saucy theme. Here are the rules:
1) Stories must be no more than 1,000 words.
2) Stories must be set in London, or heavily influenced by the city in some way.
3) We want sexy/sensual/saucy stories, but nothing X-rated. The chosen stories will use suggestion and subtlety rather than full-on blow-by-blow accounts.
4) You can employ sub-genres if you like...for example, you could write some kind of saucy horror romp set in New Cross, or an historical romance between a Chelsea chimney sweep and Lord Palmerston. Or just a well-written encounter in a modern night club...whatever tickles your fancy.
5) Send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
6) You get to keep full copyright.
7) We'll run the theme for a few weeks, but probably no later than mid-April, so get your story in ASAP for consideration.
We look forward to sharing your short stories soon.