Fashion, Oscar worthy films, camellias, mid-winter revels, family fun and a birthday party for Rihanna.
- London Fashion Week brings the world's most stylish to Somerset House and surrounds.
- Yarnfest spins tales across Shoreditch.
- Innovative scores and new renderings of music make up the ICA Live Weekend
- Oscar season starts at the Tricycle Cinema, Kilburn with a week celebrating their picks of the best submissions for the Foreign Language Film Academy Award®
- Chiswick House's first Camellia Festival begins on Saturday in their newly restored conservatory.
- Yuck play Bush Hall tonight
- Museum of London's big Street Photography Exhibition opens today and celebrates with a late. Entry free and it's open till 9pm.
- Ava Vidal plays Soho Theatre tonight and Saturday with "Lessons I Should Have Learned". We hear she's good. Very good. 9.30pm, £13.
- Barbican's Family Film Club shows the Sound of Music with a handy interval midway. Art activities from 10am, film at 10.30am, £5/3.
- Still at Barbican, the LSO Discovery Family Concert takes you into the woods with Peter and the Wolf, "Hedwig's Theme" from Harry Potter and more. 2.30pm, tickets £4 7-12 year olds, adults £8.
- St John's Church, Waterloo Road SE1 (next to IMAX) invites you to a heritage event exploring local history with free soup and face painting and the opportunity to poke around their crypt from 11am to 1pm.
- The Betsey Trotwood 'awayday' takes over Holborn's Conway Hall with Winterlude: a folk and ale fuelled mid-winter revel!. First act 3.30pm, tickets £17.50. A pub priced bar will serve sausages and mead to accompany some excellent music.
- Spoonfed recommends Wiggle at Paramount — that club up top of Centre Point — for "acid house... energy and bounce". Tickets £15 advance, 11pm-8am.
- If you enjoyed Brixton Blog's post about local murals, get yourself to the Dogstar for 12.30 to hear Brian Barnes, who painted Nuclear Dawn, speaking about it 30 years on.
- Strictly Family Ballroom means the Clore Ballroom at Royal Festival Hall with be awhirl with kids and their grown-ups, high on cake and dancing to a swing band. Free entry, 12.30-2pm.
- Say Happy 23rd Birthday Rihanna with a special party at Hoxton's Macbeth. Expect... lots of Rihanna. Free entry from 7pm.
Other good stuff:
- Want gigs? Read Music Choice
- Like literature? Consult the Book Grocer
- Feeling cultured? Absorb Arts Ahead
- Skint? You need London on the Cheap
What did we miss? Let us know in the comments. And have a stonking time.