London Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2011 starts tomorrow so expect intense media scrutiny of new season trends, colours and 'must haves' as over 170 emerging and established accessories, jewellery and ready to wear labels set up exhibits at Somerset House and the crazy catwalk schedule of big name designers begins, accompanied by the up and coming talent filling the just as exciting 'off-schedule' shows.
We're sending a crack squad of photographers and writers to cover some of the off-schedule catwalks, capture new London fashion talent and hang outside the big name shows to snap street style and slebs. We'll also take a look around the Fashion Week exhibition, hang out at some cool parties and bring you off beat LFW news as it breaks.
If you want a more personal piece of London Fashion Week, here's where to get it:
- Topshop Oxford Circus are running Fashion Week workshops in their LFW Pod on the lower ground floor.
- Get a free Fashion Fix at Canary Wharf with stylists on hand to offer on trend advice on clothes, make up, handbags and shoes.
- On Sunday Clerkenwell Vintage Fashion Fair fills Urdang on Rosebery Avenue with retro gear from 1800s-1980s. Take inspiration from the catwalk and make it your own. 11am-4pm, £4 entry.
- Pretend you're in the biz. Loiter around Somerset House, Old Billingsgate, the Royal Opera House and Covent Garden, Freemason's Hall, the Old Sorting Office on New Oxford Street or the Strand Palace Hotel to snap the fine, fashionable and fruity faffing about and show off your own sartorial savvy. Props if you blag your way into a show - do let us know.
- While the next few days is very much trade only, next weekend the British Fashion Council space opens to the public with London Fashion Weekend at Somerset House - basically an opportunity for the serious shopper to buy designer direct and with discounts. But you must buy tickets.
Please add your photos of London Fashion Week street style to the Londonist Flickrpool or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Image by Jayna via the Londonist pool.