Your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up is sponsored by Museum of London Docklands.
- If you're thinking of moving outside of London and commuting in, you'll want to read this first.
- Five things we'll miss about Thameslink's old trains when they're gone.
- Meet the compulsive artist who hands out her work on the tube.
- We're in awe of London's best views.
- Oxford Street is beautiful if you know where to look.
Did you know...
- ...about the pineapples of Covent Garden?
- ...about the fire mark of Goodwin's Court?
- ...where you can find London's smallest police station (and no, it's not in Trafalgar Square)?
- ...about this odd grave in Bunhill Fields?
- ...about the royal responsible for Kensal Green Cemetery's popularity?
- ...where London's tap water comes from?
Are you brave enough to enter a 200 year old warehouse after dark?
Museum of London Docklands is open for ghost tours. Are you brave enough to enter, and learn its eerie, ghostly secrets? In the spooky atmosphere of the galleries you will hear chilling accounts from museum staff while being guided through the most haunted spots of the building. Follow in the footsteps of the men, women and children who worked in the docks, before meeting their grisly and untimely end. Refreshments are included.
Docks After Dark takes place until 30 November. Book your tickets here.
Food and drink
- The best places to eat and drink in Leyton and Leytonstone.
- Ever been to the West End café where you dine on graves?
- The A-Z of London's brunch scene.
- Be the first to try these new restaurants, opening in November.
- Love beer? Make time for these beer festivals this month.
- Croquetas, halloumi fries and cronuts have all made this list of London's best deep fried food.
- From salt beef to spiced lamb, we've been hunting for south London's best sandwiches.
Things to do
- Get cultural with our pick of the best exhibitions to see this month.
- Kick back in an igloo by the Thames this winter.
- Learn about Lord Nelson's mistress Emma Hamilton at this National Maritime Museum exhibition.
- Hair by Sam McKnight; a tangled mess, or a cut above the rest? ★★★☆☆
- If the aprés ski is your favourite part of skiing, you'll love the boozy ski village that's coming to Vauxhall.
- Relive your childhood with an adult twist; a ball pit bar is coming to London.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.