A festive edition of your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up.
- All 32 London borough logos: bitchily critiqued.
- Why some hardy swimmers are taking a dip in Hyde Park on Christmas Day.
- Everything you need to know about Dippy the dinosaur's final weeks at the Natural History Museum.
- TfL's 'Please offer me a seat' badges will be a permanent fixture from spring 2017.
- Get in the festive mood with this video of London's best Christmas lights.
Did you know...
- ... about the London hotel with the hidden temples?
- ... which borough has London's oldest blue plaque?
- ... how St Mary Axe got its weird name?
- ... about the plans to build a helipad on the roof of Cannon Street station?
- ... why Charing Cross Hospital is so far away from Charing Cross?
Food and drink
- Two new taco restaurants have opened, and we've tried them both. Tacos El Pastor is so authentic we wanted to order everything, while Breddos Tacos serves up Mexican with a twist.
- Drink your way round the best bars in Waterloo.
- Stock up at one of London's best unsung food shops.
Things to do
- Winter Lights Festival is coming back to Canary Wharf in January.
- Take a stroll though the parts of London still lit by gas lamps.
- This sumptuous double bill of Shakespeare plays lacks innovation.
- Circus show Bianco is all-white on the night ★★★★☆
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.