Your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up.
- David Bowie musical Lazarus crashes to earth at King's Cross Theatre ★☆☆☆☆
- Are the Queen's Guard's bearskin hats really made of bearskin?
- Inside London's oldest art gallery.
- Meet the man who has been eating Wimpy every day for 31 years.
Did you know...
- ...that Brick Lane's Beigel Bake and The Beigel Shop were originally owned by the same family?
- ...that the measurements of St Pancras station are based on beer barrels?
- ...what you have to do to become a Beefeater?
- Nike is producing a limited run of trainers with a tube font design.
- A Frank Pick roundel has been unveiled at Piccadilly Circus.
- One of these designs will light up Thames bridges in central London.
Food and drink
- London's best chefs are serving up their food in a floating garden this winter.
- From pancakes to sticky wings, these restaurants each specialise in one item — and they do it brilliantly.
- Feeling flush? We've tracked down London's most expensive food and drink — including a £375 cocktail.
- Meet the people behind street food traders Rainbo Food.
- The A to Z of London's sandwiches. Enough said.
- The decor's as good as the food at these beautiful London restaurants.
Things to do
- Things you might not have done in Waterloo station.
- Fancy crossing the Thames on a zip wire? Here's your chance.
- If you like maps as much as we do, don't miss British Library's new exhibition ★★★★☆
- What to see (and avoid) on the London art scene this month.
- As Christmas gets closer, hop onto one of London's best bus routes for seeing Christmas lights.
- See candid photos of the City of London, on display in the Tower Bridge Engine Rooms.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.