Your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up.
- Deep drinking: London's best underground bars.
- What's it like being a zookeeper at London Zoo? We had a go.
- How to cheat your way around London (no, not like that).
- Meet the men who pretend to be David Bowie for a living.
- Tube drivers. They crack us up.
- London's best quick lunches.
- How to make the most of the 24 hour Jubilee line.
- A rare glimpse underneath the road of Tower Bridge.
Did you know...
- ...about the time the Royal Albert Hall was flooded with 600,000 litres of water?
- ...you can steam yourself in a 1920s Turkish bath?
- ...these facts about London's sewers?
- ...about these places where you can eat on the cheap in London?
- London's getting three new river crossings.
- It's here, people! You can now design your own KitKat bar, right here in London.
- Eddy Grant is switching on the lights at Electric Avenue.
- A pop-up dedicated to milk and cookies is coming to London, while a restaurant serving crisps on a conveyor belt is also on the horizon.
- The latest Art on the Underground works have been unveiled.
Things to do
- How to celebrate Museums at Night.
- Where to do London's best alternative yoga.
- The best beer festivals in London this October.
- Why not visit some of these odd sculptures, currently residing in Regent's Park?
- ART: There's been significant improvement to the Turner Prize this year ★★★☆☆
- THEATRE: The latest version of Don Giovanni is updated yet outdated ★★★☆☆
- ART: Tate Modern's latest Turbine Hall installation is a bit fishy ★★★★★
- ART: A sublime Rothko and a load of Pollocks in Abstract Expressionism ★★★★☆
- ART: There are flashes of genius in these Picasso portraits, but it's not quite enough ★★★☆☆
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.