Your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up.
- What does £100 buy you in London these days?
- The Londoners who offer free rent for sexual favours.
- 7 things to look out for in the Thames.
- London tastes like lumpy mashed potato, apparently.
- An ode to Vauxhall Bus Station.
- London's 11 best independent cinemas.
- Is this London's most beautiful bank?
- How the Houses of Parliament might have looked.
- Elon Musk's new Mars rocket looks familiar...
- Do Soho's sex shops have a future?
Did you know...
- ...about the dog statue which caused riots?
- ...about the Victorian science museum where Prince Albert was dunked?
- ...about the grave underneath Euston station?
- ...how the 'Oak stations' got their names?
Food and drink
- The best new restaurants to try in October.
- Everything you need to know about London Cocktail Week 2016.
- A KitKat pop-up where you can create your own flavour is coming to London.
- The best places to eat and drink in East Dulwich.
- Ten of the best whisky bars in London.
- Sink your teeth into London's best veggie burgers.
- A 'posh things on toast' restaurant is opening in Hackney.
- The new art installation on Trafalgar Square's Fourth Plinth has been unveiled (see the video here).
- Apple is building a new HQ in Battersea Power Station.
Things to do
- Part of Mayfair is getting smothered in neon signs.
- See 1066 happen all over again in Hyde Park.
- Will shuffleboarding become London's newest hipster pursuit?
- See Star Wars props and costumes at this new exhibition.
- London Drag Week is on the way.
- There's a rare chance to go behind the scenes at Tower Bridge.
- Meet the London punks that grew up.
- This is the most surreal exhibition we've seen in a while.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.