What's The Worst Thing About London?

M@
By M@ Last edited 23 months ago
What's The Worst Thing About London?
"95% of Londoners are insufferable ballbags." Apparently. Photo by Paul Steptoe Riley in the Londonist Flickr pool

We recently trawled Google for people's opinions on the best things in London. For the sake of balance, and because everybody likes a good moan, here are the worst things about London, according to some bloke or woman on the internet.

All responses were found by googling "the worst thing about London is" in quote marks, to get the exact phrase.

  • The worst thing about London is the kerbs.
  • The worst thing about London is probably a mix between the horribly sweaty morning commute and the lack of starlight.
  • The worst thing about London is Tottenham.
  • The worst thing about London is the temperature on public transport.
  • The worst thing about London is Londoners who somehow think they are superior to the rest of us.
  • The worst thing about London is the British Pound, as Americans we lose lots of money on every purchase.
  • The worst thing about London is the month of February.
  • The worst thing about London is that they do not do chips and gravy.
  • The worst thing about London is, and people are forgetting this, is that it is full of cockney w***ers.
  • The worst thing about London is all the twats that live here. 95% of Londoners are insufferable ballbags. And the other 5% live in Richmond.

So, if Sadiq Khan wants to fix this city, he needs dim the lights, warm the tube and banish the month of February.

Meanwhile, some of London's local areas also attract invective.

  • The worst thing about Brixton is the junk shops, all of which interpret their name more literally than most of their ilk do.
  • The worst thing about Paddington is that it will show "On Time" until about two or three minutes before the due departure time then go to "DELAYED".
  • The worst thing about Balham is its conspicuous lack of a skate park.
  • The worst thing about Primrose Hill is Americans who don't know how to use forks.
  • The worst thing about Romford is ROMFORD itself — bulldoze it and put a Waitrose in its place.
  • The worst thing about Islington was all the northern and Scottish drunks / tramps that hung around King's Cross.
  • The worst thing about Peckham is how great everyone tells each other it is!

Last Updated 28 December 2016