Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up, this week sponsored by CommuterClub. Scroll down to find out how to save money on your commute.
- Everything you need to know about Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (plus, have you seen the cast photos?)
- 8 things you probably didn't know about Hyde Park.
- Which is the best buggy to take on public transport? Have your say.
- If you find yourself in Hoxton, check out the best places to eat and drink in the area.
- The best steak in London. And while we're here, the best ice cream sundaes. Enough said.
- What are London's best and worst value public transport journeys?
- We love this new map of Stoke Newington's literary and social history.
Did you know...
- ...what the longest tunnel in London is (clue: it's not on the tube and it's not a sewer)?
- ...why Apsley House was given the address Number One London?
- ...that darts was invented right here in London, 90 years ago?
- ...why the Camberwell cemeteries are so far from Camberwell?
- ...why there's a platform 0 at King's Cross?
- ...about Brick Lane's forgotten brewery (no, not the Truman)?
More things to do after this sponsored message.
Get this year's travelcard at last year's price
Travel fares may have gone up in January, but you can still get your travelcard for last year's price, thanks to CommuterClub.
Exclusively with CommuterClub, Oyster and rail users pay for their commute via 11 monthly payments. The 12th month is free — already saving you an average of £300.
For a limited time, you can make an average £15-£30 further saving, thanks to those 2015 prices. But hurry, they won't be around for long!
Head to www.commuterclub.co.uk to find out more. Representative 10.6% APR variable.
This Sunday's Best of Londonist is sponsored by CommuterClub.
Things to do
- Head off the beaten track at London's best unsung museums.
- London's getting a vegan beer festival.
- See colossal art for free in the Palace of Westminster.
- Pimm's at the ready: the Chap Olympiad is back.
- Today's the last day that this mini Cadbury World is on South Bank. Free chocolate AND a slide.
- A model favela from Brazil is coming to London.
- Visit one of London's smallest pubs.
- Things to do if you're new to London.
- Tower Bridge will close to traffic for three months while repairs are undertaken.
- Britain's oldest handwritten document has been found in London.
- 17 Thames bridges will be lit at night.
- Room rent costs are rising faster in London commuter towns than in London itself.
- ART: Take part in an arty treasure hunt at The Foundling Museum ★★★★☆
- EXHIBITION: London Transport Museum's new Designology exhibition is a fantastic addition to the museum ★★★★★
- THEATRE: Sideways the play is palatable, but hardly a vintage ★★★☆☆
- THEATRE: Greek tragedy made fun in Sunset at the Villa Thalia ★★★★☆
- THEATRE: Two young actors handle issues around FGM brilliantly at the Young Vic ★★★★☆
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.