Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- We took a look back at our favourite London art exhibitions of 2014. Did your favourite make the list?
- Miracle workers who keep the city going: meet the Londoners who were working on Christmas Day.
- It's been a good year for London sport. Particularly korfball, for some reason.
- See the best views in London, courtesy of freerunner James Isaac.
- Did you meet us in real life at any of these events?
- A Christmas alternative tube map puts the HoHoHo into Hoxton.
- Take Boxing Day literally and find somewhere to throw a right hook.
- VIDEO: Not such a Scrooge after all — find out the impact that Charles Dickens had on how we celebrate Christmas...
- ...And discover the London of Ebenezer Scrooge, mapped and everything.
- Continuing our look at international Christmas traditions, we took a look at what a German Christmas in London is like.
- VIDEO: We got exclusive behind the scenes access to the building work at Victoria station to find out what's going on, and what the end result will be for commuters.
- PODCAST: Londonist's James, Ben and Rachel chat about the year just gone with NQW.
- We've been rounding up the year's news. So far we've tackled housing and transport and environment.
- Foreign investors are getting the blame for building unaffordable homes, but is it really their fault?
- French Canadian lumberjack circus Timber is something to shout about ★★★★☆
- A contemporary Christmas Carol packs a punch ★★★★☆
- Eric and Little Ern takes a while to warm up, but when it does is joyful to watch ★★★☆☆
- Queen Victoria rapping and gags about poo? It must be Horrible Histories ★★★★☆
- Slightly Fat Features bring part cabaret, part panto, all fun to Leicester Square Theatre ★★★★☆
Things to do
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.