Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- After the pay row at Brixton's Ritzy Cinema seemed to be resolved, staff were facing redundancies...
- ...but then there was a U-turn
- We shouldn't be surprised at the news that 10 people are now after every rental property in London
- But MPs could soon be in thrall to their majority renter constituencies
- Fancy swinging above Oxford Street in a cable car? You laugh now...
- Kemistry graphic design gallery in Shoreditch is threatened with closure
- London Local Power has applied for permission to frack underneath parts of London. Frack that
- Nearly a third of women using public transport in London have been subjected to verbal abuse, a survey has revealed
- Hackney’s Little Shop of Horrors is transforming into a museum
- Drink spirits with the spirits at London's most haunted pubs
- Could London be without lions for the first time since 1210?
- Donate your old coats to a good cause with the Wrap Up London appeal this November
- When celebrities took over the announcements on public transport for a day, we asked who you'd like to voice the tube
- "Whitehall Farce" doesn't always refer to a political balls-up
- Londonist investigates: how may Londoners uses their phones while walking (and where can most offenders be found)?
- If Halloween didn't give you the heebie jeebies, try these alternative ways to scare yourself in London all year round
- VIDEO: and while we're on the subject of Halloween, we took a look into London's five weirdest ghost stories
- PODCAST: NQW heads to North Weald heritage railway
- Sunny Afternoon, the musical based on the music of Ray Davies and The Kinks, gets a glorious West End transfer
- O, Canada! 20th century painter Emily Carr’s first ever solo exhibition in Europe is on at Dulwich Picture Gallery
- Soho's new restaurant Señor Ceviche isn't classical Peruvian, but we still recommend it
- There's blood on the boards in semi-historical black comedy Grand Guignol
- Go hunting for fairytales on the streets of Deptford
- New veggie restaurant Ethos has good food but the experience is a bit... odd
- Check out our ever-expanding list of the best food and drink in London
Things to do
- Star Wars fan? Get ye to BFI's Star Wars Day in December, with three film screenings, fancy dress and a behind-the-scenes exhibition
- Families can get hands on with zoological objects at the Grant Museum next weekend
- Downton Abbey's Crawley family bring their actor alter egos to London for a Christmas reading — tickets are on sale now
- From wild cougars to Swedish athletes, the best press photos of the year will soon be on show at Southbank Centre
- Time for whizzbangs: our borough guide to firework displays
- Markets, vintage fairs, craft shindigs... which will persuade you to part with your pennies in November?
- November's beer festivals are dispersed as far as Watford, Caterham, Waltham Forest and Heathrow (with a couple in Zone 1 too)
- Feeling arty? November's best gallery and exhibition openings are rounded up in one handy place
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.