- There are big names and famous faces at Soho Literary Festival.
- The Pure Festival is about music and whiskey at Highbury Garage.
- Hop on a train to Purfleet to rummage in the Royal Opera House costume sale.
- Alpha-ville - the international festival of post-digital culture - begins this weekend with talks, music, workshops and screenings.
- Go on an Autumn Amble with Walk London.
- Are you into ink? It's the International London Tattoo Convention at Tobacco Dock.
- Watch shorts, international film, horror and sci-fi or a feature at Crystal Palace International Film Festival.
- The Real Food Harvest Festival brings livestock and autumnal entertainment to the Southbank.
- Drop by the London Art Book Fair at Whitechapel Gallery.
- Explore the last few days of the London Design Festival which finishes on Sunday. Don't forget Ceramics in the City at the Geffrye Museum and Imagined Cities.
- The Spanish Film Festival starts at Rich Mix with Basque shorts on Saturday.
- Plenty of designer shopping to be had at London Fashion Weekend.
- Origin Contemporary Craft Fair is in Old Spitalfields Market until next weekend - while you're in the area, check out the MSF film exhibition.
- The final weekend of Watch this Space brings you films on the National Theatre Flytower plus outdoor entertainment in Theatre Square.
- Science Uncovered is a massive, free late event at the Natural History Museum until 11pm.
- Feast on Malaysian street food at Malaysia Night, Trafalgar Square.
- Watch the African Queen at More London Free Film Festival.
- Support the Sex Workers Open University fundraiser at the Oak Bar on Green Lanes N1.
- Boogie at the Bloomsbury Jam Oxjam Fundraiser at the Bloomsbury Bowling Lanes from 8pm.
- Clerkenwell Vintage Fashion Fair is at the Old Finsbury Town Hall, Rosebery Avenue.
- The Poetry Book Fair is a free all day event at Exmouth Market Centre featuring some our favourite small publishers.
- Gorillas will be rampaging through London streets from 10.30am in a loop from Fenchurch Street.
- Rag Trade / Trading Rags is a free all day event at Rich Mix inspired by London Fashion Week featuring a swish, workshops, market stalls, upcycling, music and much more.
- There's live music on Bankside between noon-6pm thanks to the Merge Festival
- Watch Londony film, NEWSREELS 1 at the Gate Picturehouse, 1.30pm.
- Bermondsey Street Festival mixes traditional fete style entertainment with contemporary dance, cabaret and theatre performances, a dog show, screenings at Shortwave, fun for the kids - from 11am till late.
- The Fleeting Festival is a disaster relief fundraiser involving music and gin in SW4.
- Watch out for the Pearly Costermongers' Harvest Festival at Guildhall Yard from 1pm.
- You can also celebrate the harvest on Hackney's London Fields and pick up fruit, veg and preserves locally grown/made thanks to community growing spaces.
- Sh! Erotic Emporium on Hoxton Square hosts a free event at 3pm to celebrate the launch of new book, Ultimate Guide to Orgasm for Women. NB Guys are welcome but only as guests of women.
- Serpentine Cinema presents an experimental 3D cinema project at 3pm with three short films from Torsten Lauschmann.
Other good stuff:
- Lit and spoken word from the Book Grocer
- Sci/tech/nerd stuff in Week in Geek
- Shows and exhibitions opening and closing in Arts Ahead
- Things to do in London on the Cheap
- What's on at Museums and Galleries
- Where to find the zingiest cabaret
- What's funny in stand up and sketch comedy
- New music gigs in Music Choice