What are you up to this weekend? Here's a round up of our recommendations and an eclectic smattering of suggestions to help you make the most of it.
- Ice Music concerts (pictured) run all weekend in an igloo on the River Terrace at Somerset House.
- The London Short Film Festival opens today with a launch part at ICA and runs across 10 venues until 16th January.
- Brighten up winter with Cirque du Soleil's Totem at the Royal Albert Hall (until 17th January).
- The London International Boat Show gets 'wet and wild' at ExCel with a watersports action pool (until 16 January). Standard tickets £13 in advance, kids free.
- Last chance to see the Diaghilev exhibition at the V&A, which closes on Sunday.
- Get yourself a Herring and Lee double bill at the Leicester Square Theatre. See Christ On A Bike at 7.30pm and Vegetable Stew at 9.30pm.
- MixMag throw a free party at the Queen of Hoxton, Curtain Road EC2A 3JX from 4pm-2am.
- Volunteer for holly bashing in Coldfall Wood, Muswell Hill N10 from 10am-3pm.
- Take off your shoes, sit on the floor and try playing the Gamelan. These family friendly taster sessions last 2 hours and take place in the Gamelan Room at the Southbank Centre, 3pm. Adults £8, kids £4.
- See London Fields Lido in a different light with Lido Love from 7pm. Tickets £7.
- The Smiths tribute act, The Smyths play Islington Academy, N1. Tickets £9, doors 8pm.
- Get your waders on and help clean up the River Wandle at Poulter Park, Sutton from 11am-3pm.
- Celebrate 200 years of Dulwich Picture Gallery with the Big Bang birthday party and family fun day all afternoon.
- The BBC Symphony Orchestra play a Hollywood Rhapsody at the Barbican at 3pm. Tickets from £8.
- A new season of Sunday concerts at Conway Hall, Red Lion Square WC1R 4RL starts with the Fibonacci Sequence performing Schubert, Rossini and Mozart. Tickets £8 on the door from 6pm.
- Get your Burns Night plans together.
- Horsey dancing! Appassionata at O2, 29-30 January.
- Get Into London Theatre offers discounted tickets on the big London shows until early February.
Submit events for inclusion in our weekend round up to email@example.com or tweet @londonist.