Bloomsbury Festival, American football, experimental food, affordable art, sexy science, nurturing nature, vintage vanity, Oxjam Takeovers and the UK rock, paper, scissors championship.All weekend
- The Bloomsbury Festival is free and fabulous.
- American football lands in London with a Jerry McGuire screening in Traf Sq on Friday, fan rally on Saturday (cheerleaders!) and the big NFL game and Tailgate Party on Sunday.
- Nail The Cross IV brings ‘mind-crushingly exciting music‘ to the Shacklewell Arms, Dalston.
- Find nerd heaven at the London Science Festival.
- Ealing Autumn Festival is all Hungarian for Liszt’s 200th birthday.
- London Film Festival is in full flow.
- Brick Lane is where London’s first Instagram exhibition is.
- The Experimental Food Society play with their food, spectacularly.
- Check out hundreds of exhibitions for photomonth.
- The London International Technology show is at ExCel.
- Camley Street Natural Park at Kings Cross goes mad for apples all weekend.
- The Affordable Art Fair is in Battersea Park.
- The Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition opens on Saturday at the Natural History Museum.
- Stay after hours at the Churchill War Rooms and drink Churchill’s champagne.
- Witness the speed gypsy showdown as Victor Menace celebrate their album release and the Magic Tombolinos egg them on in a church in Hackney. But who will play fastest?
- Go Public at Tate Britain.
- Go to the charity Tintin lecture at Wigmore Hall.
- Celebrate 40 years of Queer Activism at Bishopsgate Institute.
- It’s Nature Day at Bellenden Road, Peckham and Apple Day at Camley Street Natural Park, Kings Cross.
- Techy workshops for women take place in Limehouse Town Hall.
- Black History Month is the focus of Snapshots 4, the free all dayer at Rich Mix, Bethnal Green.
- Take a retro cuppa at the Vintage Tea Party in Shoreditch Town Hall.
- Witness the rock, paper, scissors UK championships at the Knights Templar Pub.
- Dashwoodstock is a free music festival in Thamesmead.
- Plus there are Oxjam Takeovers in Stoke Newington, Camberwell, Islington, Chiswick and Brick Lane.
- Anita’s Vintage Fashion Fair is at 20th Century Theatre, 291 Westbourne Grove.
- The South Asian Literature Festival draws to a close with the family friendly free Diwali at Dishoom and events at Chelsea Theatre.
- Oxjam takes over Brixton
Other good stuff:
- Lit and spoken word from the Book Grocer
- Sci/tech/nerd stuff in Week in Geek
- Shows and exhibitions opening and closing in Arts Ahead
- Things to do in London on the Cheap
- What’s on at Museums and Galleries
- Where to find the zingiest cabaret
- What’s funny in stand up and sketch comedy
- New music gigs in Music Choice
Looking ahead: Have you got your Halloween sorted?
What did we miss? Let us know in the comments.