Your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up.
- 6 things that'll happen when Ikea opens in Greenwich (but hey, at least you'll never have to learn where Edmonton is).
- See inside the new Crossrail stations, two years before they open to the public.
- All of these London buildings used to be cinemas — is your local one of them?
- Is this London's most-disappointingly named house?
- Why the hell do people go to Abbey Road? It wasn't even first choice for The Beatles.
- Can you separate these made up housing ads from the real life marketing spiel?
- Awkward London moments: the bump you didn't see.
- The explosive history of Blow-Up Bridge.
Did you know..
- ... which bus route was London's first, all the way back in 1829?
- ... that Primrose Hill was nearly a cemetery?
- ... what the tallest building ever demolished in London was?
- ... that the world's first fatal parachute jump happened in south east London?
Food and drink
- London's craziest cocktails — including one containing cheese.
- We've found London's best train station coffee shop. Seriously, you'll be hoping your train's delayed.
- London's best places to celebrate Pancake Day.
- Where to get the best Japanese ramen in this fair city.
- New Turkish restaurant Yosma is a blast in every way ★★★★★
Things to do
- Here's what we'd recommend watching at this year's Vault Festival.
- Our video editor Geoff Marshall has completed every London Parkrun. He shares his thoughts on the matter.
- You should go to Acton. Here's why.
- Fancy going clubbing on a Sunday evening? It's a thing — we tried it.
- Visit the London church with hundreds of clowns in its basement.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.