Your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up.
- London's best bacon sandwiches. Enough said.
- An ode to BHS on Oxford Street.
- Can't afford a hotel or hostel in London? There is a cheaper alternative and these people are doing it.
- Where to eat regional Indian food in London.
- Are you the forgetful sort? Here's a helping hand.
- Proof that Regent's Park looks good, whatever the weather.
- We're drooling over London's best dim sum.
- 9 places in London that we'd like to see a zipwire.
- Are these London's 10 best beers?
- And are these the most colourful streets in London?
- Video: a tour of the City of London's gates.
Did you know...?
- ...how much it would cost to buy every house in London?
- ...what a stinkpipe is and how to spot one?
- ...what Charles Dickens had to do with the Old Bailey?
- ...about the joke Sir John Soane played on his friends from beyond the grave?
- ...which London museum has one of the rarest skeletons in the world?
- ...about the dog statue which started riots?
- ...how London's docks got their names?
- It's Chriiiistmas...or at least it is in Selfridges.
- The rate at which London rental costs are rising is slowing down, apparently.
- A secret garden in the West End needs help to save it from closure.
- A gateway to 1984 has appeared in Lewisham.
- London's getting 1o new microbreweries... all under the same roof.
- A new set of London emojis has been revealed — including one of Sadiq Khan.
- A London cafe is serving ice cream on candy floss clouds.
Things to do
- Inject some culture into your month with these six free exhibitions.
- Too much choice at Camden Fringe? These are our picks.
- Hungry? Check out the hottest restaurant openings this month...
- ...and wash it all down with a pint or two at these beer festivals.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.