Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- We hung out in the queue on opening night of the new Harry Potter play.
- A complete history of London in cats. CATS, people!
- If we were in charge of the tube network, this is where we'd build new stations.
- We've made a fantasy tube map that links up our favourite craft beer pubs.
- Get on your bike with help from the best bike shops in London.
- Are these London's worst souvenirs (warning: may cause nightmares)?
- London's so good that they named some of it twice.
- Whether you're a novice or a pro, here are some of London's best vape shops.
- How much broccoli actually is there in Brockley?
- If you find yourself hungry around King's Cross, drop by these haunts.
- It's Father's Day next weekend, and we've saved you the effort of slogging round the shops.
Things to do
- Treat yourself to a trip to one of these little-known museums in north London.
- See London from 100ft above Hyde Park this summer.
- No ticket to the Harry Potter play? Never mind, get your Potter fill at this free exhibition.
- Events happening in London for Ramadan 2016.
- Tonight's your last chance to have a drink or two on this floating wine bar.
- Watch Jurassic Park in the 'original Jurassic Park'.
- Take on London's shortest pub crawl.
- Finally the new Routemaster buses are getting windows that actually open.
- The honeymoon's over, Sadiq: mayor breaks pledge to freeze travel fares.
- Former boxer Chris Eubank reckons London should have a statue in memory of Muhammad Ali — what do you think?
- New report shows that Brexit could drive a wedge between London and the rest of the UK.
- This is what the new Museum of London building could look like.
- Elephant & Castle has a brand new swimming pool. We took a dip.
- A first look at the new Serpentine Pavilion in Hyde Park.
- Lambeth North tube station will close for seven months while the lifts are replaced.
- English Heritage has launched a new blue plaques app.
- THEATRE: Like The Big Bang Theory? If so, you'll want to see The Spoils ★★★★☆
- THEATRE: The Globe's new Taming Of The Shrew is unflinchingly brutal ★★★★☆
- EXHIBITION: National Maritime Museum's new exhibition about flight is inspirational for all ages ★★★★★
- THEATRE: Is Dea the most extreme play London has ever seen? ★★★☆☆
- THEATRE: Titanic the musical floats our boat ★★★★☆
- ART: This year's Royal Academy Summer Exhibition is a solid effort but doesn't stand out as anything special ★★★☆☆
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.