Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- Are hipsters the saviour of the traditional milk round?
- It's time to stand up and stop the destruction of London's night life.
- How much of a London transport nerd are you? Take our quiz — compiled by our own resident tube geek Geoff Marshall — to find out.
- Do you love or loathe the Brutalist architecture of Barbican? Take a look at some of the best photos of the complex.
- Video: just how good is the east-west cycle superhighway? We put it to the test.
- Eat at London's best Greek restaurants, or in London Fields.
- Where has London's population increase come from?
Did you know...
- ...about these unique and unusual tube roundels dotted around London?
- ...that you can sleep in a boat, suspended above South Bank?
- ...what exactly London's cycle superhighways are (and how many there are)?
- ...that Covent Garden's Seven Dials was nearly Six Dials? Here's why.
- ...how London's hills got their names?
- ...these seven amazing facts about London's roundabouts?
- ...that there's a tube train inside an office block in Aldgate?
Things to do
- Two weeks until Eurovision 2016! Find out where the parties and screenings are happening in London this year.
- See Stewart Lee do comedy for depression.
- A gluten-free food festival is coming to Camden later this month.
- TfL wants you to get off the tube and walk.
- Take your geeky little ones out and about.
- Sack off your gym membership and try these nine alternative fitness challenges in May.
- Feeling energetic? Try this 13.5 mile walk through the Lea Valley.
- Taxidermy-themed cocktails are part of this year's Museums at Night.
- Visit what's probably London's oldest coffee shop.
- London's famous bongs will fall silent as work is carried out on the Elizabeth Tower, the Great Clock and the Great Bell — also known as Big Ben.
- Tickets have gone on sale for the giant slide at the Orbit... although designer Anish Kapoor reckons it should be free to use.
- There's a mayoral candidate who reckons he's an emperor and plans to stage a military coup.
- Want to see Trafalgar Square turned into a crazy golf course? Of course you do.
- A London restaurant is serving burgers made from brains.
- The world's largest negroni bar is coming to London.
- London renters are taking to social media to shame their landlords.
- We spoke to Sadiq Khan ahead of next week's mayoral election.
- Ken Livingstone was suspended from the Labour party this week. This is how Twitter reacted.
- Work has begun to redevelop the Shell building on South Bank.
- PHOTOGRAPHY: The Sony World Photography Awards exhibition is one of our favourites — and it hasn't disappointed this year ★★★★★
- THEATRE: Children's favourite We're Going On A Bear Hunt is back at Little Angel Theatre ★★★★☆
- THEATRE: Kings Of War is the real Game Of Thrones ★★★★☆
- THEATRE: Game of Thrones's Kit Harrington is bloody great in this violent adaptation of Doctor Faustus ★★★★☆
- THEATRE: Show Boat sails into London, packed with polish and pizazz ★★★★☆
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.