Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- Train delayed AGAIN? Play Londonist train bingo on your commute.
- There's more to Wimbledon than tennis and Wombles.
- Four of the weirdest beers London ever drank.
- Add some sunshine to this dreary weather with London's best Hawaiian food.
- Creative bunch, you lot. We asked for your poems about the Underground and you did not disappoint.
- Is this what the future of London looks like?
- The best pubs for playing games in London. Did your local make the list?
Did you know...
- ...London could have looked completely different if Wren had his way.
- ...why Big Ben is on every bottle of HP Sauce (and yes, we know Big Ben isn't the tower)?
- ...about the secret laboratory inside The Monument?
- ...Beatrix Potter was a Londoner? Read all about her London life.
- ...what swan tastes like? Here's everything you need to know about swans in London.
- ...about London's other transport museum?
- ...about the YMCA swimming pool at Tottenham Court Road?
- Some London councils are now receiving funding to tackle rogue landlords.
- A zero waste restaurant has opened in Notting Hill, using food that would otherwise be thrown away.
- London's first super sewer has opened. See pictures here.
- Step inside Miro's studio in Mayfair ★★★★☆
- We've reviewed January's most talked about art exhibitions so you know which ones are worth going to.
- Literary orphans are the subject of this beautiful new exhibition at Foundling Museum ★★★★☆
- Is the sun setting on Cirque du Soleil? ★★☆☆☆
- Painting The Modern Garden at Royal Academy of Arts is an Impressionist rollercoaster ★★★☆☆
- We loved Saul Leiter's everyday street photography ★★★★☆
Things to do
- Suffragette season comes to the Houses of Parliament.
- Laugh in the face of love at these Valentine's comedy events.
- Get drunk medieval style on a wine walk of the City.
- 12 non-cliched things to do on Valentine's Day.
- 10 unusual ways to get fit this February.
- Go to the flicks with some of the Londony-est films around.
- Discuss how to solve the housing crisis, tonight at Camden People's Theatre.
- Half term will soon be here. Take a look at this lot to keep little Londoners busy.
- Join Ian McKellen on bus tours around London visiting the locations used in his 1930s style Richard III.
Browse and book more London events at our tickets site powered by YPlan.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.