Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- STOP EVERYTHING. The giant slides are coming back to London.
- 1 April marked 50 years since the creation of 20 outer boroughs and 12 inner boroughs in addition to the City of London.
- Could housing be the issue which shapes the outcome of the election in London?
- Four of the original Euston Arch stones are on display outside the station, part of a campaign to have the arch rebuilt when Euston is modernised.
- We had a lot of fun making our Secrets of the Cable Car video for April Fool's Day.
- How much do you really know about Trafalgar Square?
- How do you clean a Harrier jet, and other things we learned about London in Museum Week.
- Why we need to change the way we talk about the slow death of London's music venues.
- With some London MPs now retiring, who will take their place, asks Centre For London.
- The best places to find chocolate all year round in London.
- Watch this spooky short film.
- London has a housing crisis. Don't just take our word for it: listen to these three experts in our podcast.
- David Beckham, David Cameron and Prince William in a hotel room — what could possibly go wrong? ★★★★☆
- A lamp post that can assist the blind, and a chair design based on the legs of insects are part of Design of the Year exhibition ★★★☆☆
- New play centres around the man responsible for creating the atomic bomb in the 1940s ★★★★☆
- Great performance from Emma Thompson and co. in Sweeney Todd at the Coliseum ★★★★☆
- Korean restaurant Po Cha has recently been reincarnated in Waterloo ★★★☆☆
- Get up close to sensational butterflies at Natural History Museum ★★★★☆
Things to do
Book now buttons are provided by YPlan.
The chocoholics' guide to London chocolate workshops, festivals and events.
Mark the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo with a tour of Wellington's London.
If you thought opera was old-fashioned, think again. Barbican is premiering an opera about the events of 9/11.
Think the election campaign is dramatic enough? What about these political plays?
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.