Works by big name artists are going to line a walking (or cycling, if you prefer) route from Stratford to North Greenwich. The Line is an outdoor art project, part crowd-funded, which will eventually be adorned by up to 30 sculptures.
The first pieces to be installed have been announced as:
- Here by Thomson & Craighead
- Work No.700 by Martin Creed
- DNA DL90 by Abigail Fallis
- Sensation by Damien Hirst
- Liberty Grip by Gary Hume
- Vulcan by Eduardo Paolozzi
- Network by Tom Price
- Consolidator #654321 by Sterling Ruby
- Untitled (The Thing) by Piotr Uklanski.
These will be in place later this summer, with more artworks due to join them in 2015. Pieces will displayed for two years with new works brought in every year. The Line will be free and in three distinct parts: along the river Lea from Stratford to Cody Dock, then hop on the DLR from Star Lane to Royal Victoria for more art around the Royal Docks, then take the cable car to North Greenwich and wander round the O2.