- An average 4.1% rise in train fares to look forward to.
- But not as much as the rise in London house prices.
- 16-year-old stabbed to death in Poplar.
- London theatre to stage play against Russia's anti-gay legislation.
- Government backs down on 'go home' vans.
- Elevator pitches for 11 of the options for airport expansion.
- Gilligan: cycle hire is perhaps "the most over-scrutinised transport initiative in history".
- Pianist captures the sound of London.
Image by Jon Spence in the Londonist Flickr pool.