Secrets of the Underground is one of Londonist's most-watched series, racking up millions of views.
In it, Geoff Marshall, former Guinness World Record holder for visiting all stations on the Underground in one day, explores the city's iconic transport network uncovers trivia you can impress your friends with.
If you've never seen the series, enjoy this classic about the Northern line. Find out where you can find the tube's highest and lowest points. Which station fibs about the number of stairs? What's the significance of the archer statue at East Finchley? And where can you spy a fake owl monitoring the platforms?
Feel free to share your own favourite bits of Northern Line trivia in the comments below.
- Secrets of the Bakerloo Line
- Secrets of the Central Line
- Secrets of the District Line
- Secrets of the Hammersmith and City Line
- Secrets of the Jubilee line
- Secrets of the Piccadilly Line
- Secrets of the Victoria Line
Subscribe to Londonist’s YouTube channel to ensure you don’t miss future videos.