- London councils are profiteering from parking charges, claims motoring organisation.
- Meanwhile, Hammersmith and Fulham Council becomes the first local authority this year to reduce its council tax.
- Tate Modern announces record visitor numbers last year, at 5.3 million people. That's equivalent to the entire population of Singapore paying a visit — or two Jamaicas!
- David Beckham's coming home (well, perhaps not to Leytonstone).
- The BBC has a mini-quiz about Blue Plaques.
London Underground 150th Anniversary Links
- 150 years in pictures.
- The Guardian lists 14 alternative Tube maps. Good, but not as good as our version, which lists 67.
- An early complaint about the Tube.
- An interactive guide to the Central Line.
- The London Underground in film.
- The Guardian is assembling a playlist of Tube-themed songs.
- The legacy left by the Tube navvies.
Image by Simon Whitaker in the Londonist Flickr pool.